Both Goldendoodles and Bernedoodles are wonderful animals and many people understandably fall in love with both breeds, making it difficult to decide on a new puppy. While they share many similarities, each breed has its own unique traits that you should know about. Here are some facts to help you decide between the lovable Goldendoodle puppy and the adorable Bernedoodle puppy in order to find the puppy that’s right for you!
• If you love to exercise, run, hike, and generally be active outdoors, the Goldendoodle might be a better option for you because it is a higher-energy dog than the Bernedoodle. The Bernedoodle can keep up, however it generally has a calmer more docile demeanor.
• Both breeds are good with children, however their personalities tend to be a little bit different. Goldedoodles are more fun-loving and playful, while Bernedoodles have a reputation for being affectionate, gentle and sometimes goofy. If you like a dog with character and a goofy personality, the Bernedoodle may be a better option.
• Goldendoodles are excellent service animals and are often trained as service animals for those with disabilities. Consider a Goldendoodle if you would like to train your dog as a service animal to support you.
• Bernedoodles are more emotionally supportive dogs and tend to be highly aware of and responsive to their owner’s emotional states. If you are looking for a companion dog for emotional support reasons, the Bernedoodle may be a good choice.
• While both breeds can do well in an apartment setting, it’s good to note that standard sized Goldendoodles and Bernedoodles need more space to stretch their legs. If you have minimal space, opt for a mini or tiny version of our breeds instead.
• All our dogs are low-to-non shedding, however if you’re very concerned about shedding and looking for an allergy-friendly dog, our F1b Bernedoodles or F1b Goldendoodles are an optimal choice.
If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us.